You've never heard of the Savannah Bananas? They're like the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball. I've seen their videos on Instagram and they're not playing serious baseball. Merril found tickets for my birthday. The game was at the Angels Stadium in Anaheim, CA. We found a nice beach to go for a walk.
We found a seafood place for lunch and donut place for a sweet treat.
Then we went to the game!
So many people had sweet merch but I just wore a yellow shirt.
We found a seats and settled in.
I turned my hat sideway to keep the sun off my face and Merril thought I looked like the jellyfish launcher video.
There was so much going on that I didn't know where to look! The owner and other entertainers had little bits they were performing all around the stadium. The players did flips as they caught the flyballs, there were dances in between pitches. There was a player on stilts! They also have their own rules like the game is over in 2 hours, no bunts, no walks, no mound visits. The rules keep the game moving and interesting. We got a bucket of cookies from the concessions. It would be fun to take the kids but tickets were hard to come by. Merril paid extra on the secondary market. It was fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment