Saturday, September 5, 2026

Another Lovely Peach Days!

As a lead-up to Peach Days, I was asked by Laurie Scholzen if I wanted to participate in a community quilt. The idea was that everyone would make a blocks of this flag and then it would be put together in a big quilt. I was busy with Jack getting home from a mission and only managed two blocks. Then the quilt thing exploded into a fundraiser for the scholarship foundation that Laurie helped set up and I helped sell tickets to the quilt giveaway at the rodeo on Thursday night. I had $20 in my Venmo account and bought 5 tickets.

On Friday, we found some delicious Navajo tacos from the Campbell Kitchen Co. so we had to have some of those! Peach cobbler, always a favorite, and then we headed over to the Peach Days Rodeo! It was great!


On Saturday, Merril pulled everyone into a band for Peach Days. Dan came and played the banjo. Logan Phipps played the saxophone on a number. Mikayla played her cello, Maxine learned the bass guitar, Jack played rhythm guitar and they all sang. Rich Strobel and his brother Max rounded out the band. 




Then we went to In-N-Out afterwards and I got a call from Laurie that my quilt ticket was a winner! I was going to get one of the quilts!! I was so excited and randos from the In-N-Out Burger clapped for me. When I picked up my quilt from Laurie, we tried to find my quilt blocks in one of the other quilts that were in the giveaway. I finally remembered what mine looked like enough and posed next to it. And then I was able to get my quilt from Laurie. 


It's a great lap quilt size.


I love my friend Laurie! I don't know how she gets it all done but her adventurous spirit is so loveable. She wants to spread love and joy and her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 


Thanks friend!


No comments: