Saturday, September 12, 2026

Eagle Mountain Race and Bingham Copper Mine

We're going to the Eagle Mountain Race this weekend. Me, Merril, Juliet,  and Mark came up Friday so they could preride. I set up the pit zone. Mark was visualizing speed with his helmet. 


I saw Darryl Zitting as he was about to preride. He asked about dinner and if we were going, to let him know of the place. Bumped into Wade too and made a plan to go to a pizza place. It was a fun dinner with our families. After, we stayed at a hotel in Bluffdale. We thought more people were coming so we thought two rooms were needed but ended up only needing the one. Mark and Julia both had their own beds in the other room. 

Mark doesn't race until 2:30 and so we were trying to figure out what to do with our morning. We ended up going to the Bingham copper mine. We haven't been since 2008, back when we only had 3 kids. Maxine and Jack are standing by the tire. 


We recreated it with Juliet and Mark. 

We only managed a picture from the shuttle bus.

It was a quick adventure so we could make it to the race. Juliet and I were working the coach zone but managed to run over to see Mark start.


He started 11th and moved up to 10th place. 

 It was hot and dusty so I was pleased that Mark did so well. It's his last race of the year as junior devo. Juliet and I were so dusty after the coach zone. 


Then we drove home. Merril was using the driving time to finish some search and rescue medical certifications. I thought he was studying and listening to the video but looked over and he was dead asleep. Lol.

No comments: