Wednesday, September 30, 2026

MTC for Jugee

Now that Juliet is set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Saints, its time to start home MTC. 

It didn't seem like Juliet had nearly as many classes as Jack or Maxine. It was still a lot but she had some free time to hang out with us. We made it a tech-free week to help support Juliet. But it made me want to be better about my phone usage. I'm making a goal to be more productive. Little micro projects that I tend to put off.

But now we're getting ready to send her off to the Provo MTC! Maxine stayed over Tuesday night. Juliet woke up way early and felt like she had a sore throat. She checked her temp and it was normal but she got pretty nervous. She called the MTC and they said she would have to call the health department when they opened at 8 a.m. She was sad and worried that her mission might need to be delayed. Jack woke up and told her that she shouldn't call back and that it's fine. Because everyone is sick at the MTC. Maxine said the same thing. So she felt better and we got ready to go. 

 Hugs!


So sad! Saying goodbye to these goofeys!


Awww.


Juliet, Merril and I drove to Provo. Everyone else had work and school. We arranged to have lunch with some of the Campbell cousins. Elizabeth, Stephanie, and Caroline met us at First Watch.


After lunch we took a few pictures at the BYU campus.


I'm gonna miss my girl!! It's time to go!


This was the first time we've been directed to the underground garage. We dropped off both Maxine and Jack outside. Juliet really sank into her hug with Merril. I feel like I hugged Juliet several times that day and so I wasn't too teary. Maybe just a little. Then a sweet sister helped Juliet with her bags and away they went. She sent an email an hour later saying," I'm feeling good and doing good!" After lunch, she had a touch of nausea, which we were hoping was nerves and not food poisoning from lunch.


Merril and I made plans to go to the temple. I had some names that needed sealing to their parents. I thought it was fitting that I was sending off my girl and we were also uniting some children to their parents. We went to the Orem temple! I've seen it from the road when I would visit Juliet and have wanted to go there. It reminds me a lot of Red Cliffs. It was a perfect afternoon.

No comments: